Sunday, April 01, 2007

Hi Loved Ones,

After a year and a half, our wait is seemingly near its end. Next Wednesday, at 10:15am, there will be a hearing on Rhyan's hearing :-) Our insurance company, our lawyer at Let Them Hear and I will all have a chance to speak to a panel of decision makers for the Florida Dept of Insurance. The panel will then inform us on whether or not Rhyan will get her second ear. I don't know how long it will take for the decision to made, but it's such an answered prayer to actually have someone listen to our case.

When Rhyan was first diagnosed, it was so devastating that it was very difficult for me to feel the presence of God consistently. I am so grateful to say that during this long, arduous process, I have never felt a moment without Him. He has been in this every single second. And His timing is so perfect. I talked to Rhyan about the hearing and I told her that whatever God decides, it's for the best. We want her to have her other ear, but if it's not what Jesus wants, we simply have to trust that He knows what's best for her. She said she understood. And then she said, "You know, Jesus whispers to my heart, even when my ears aren't on." Wow. Jesus loves our child more than we will ever know how to. He hurts for her and He sees her struggles and He knows the obstacles in her future, but He whispers to her heart. That is so much more important than anything else we may ever want for her or feel she needs. And we pray she will always hear His whispers.

Thank you so very much for your continued prayers. They have been instrumental in getting us this far. If you could pray for the hearing, it would so appreciated. I know what I want to say, but I can't seem to form my thoughts without becoming emotional. I need His strength. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything. Whatever the answer, it will be the right one. He is so easy to praise.

In His love,Courtney & Matt