Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Evynn is not my little shopper. While in our local Superstore the other day, we made it to the bread aisle when she exclaimed, ‘This is NOT so wonderful!’ Today, once again in a supermarket, she begged me as we neared the frozen chicken, ‘Get me out of here!’.

I relate so much with that child! There have been so many times lately when I’ve thought those very same words. There have been occasions where things have not been so wonderful, and situations where I prayed for God to get me out of there! Sigh.

Unlike poor Evynn in the supermarket, my circumstances have thankfully been out of obedience to what God has called me to do. He’s called me to places where I’m uncomfortable and uneasy. He’s called me to places where my pride is assaulted, and my ego is battered. It’s when I can look back where I’ve been that I can be grateful that He didn’t allow me to back out, or run to what appears effortless. It’s only through stretching that we can reach beyond our expectations of ourselves.

If you’re finding God calling you to do something that you think you can’t do, rest assured that you can. As I’ve heard once or twice, if God brings you to it, He’ll bring you through it. And that includes the unfamiliar.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Yes, God said ‘all’.

Labels: , ,