Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My friend, Jenn, is an encourager. She encourages me personally, but she encourages me by just looking at her life and how she lives it. She is happy and positive and fun. She’s one of those people that help make others desire to be better. She is an inspiration to me and after I talked with her yesterday, I called Matt and told him how blessed I feel to have the friends God has gifted to me.

About a month ago, Jenn called about her daughter’s birthday celebration. Mady is Rhyan’s long-time friend and will be turning 7 years old. Jenn told me that while she and Mady were discussing the party, they both came up with an idea at the same time. Instead of birthday presents, Mady wants to have those coming to her party to donate to Rhyan’s Hope. I was overwhelmed emotionally, not just because of Mady’s precious heart and desire to do something so mature beyond her years, but because I was able to see Mady’s heart as a beautiful reflection of her mommy’s. It is the perfect example of how the way we live our lives greatly impacts our children and how they love.

Thank you, Jenn. And thank you, Mady. I’m so honored to have you in our lives. You are a reminder for me to constantly strive to be the kind of woman I desire my girls to become.

Labels: