Friday, April 13, 2007

I was deep into my Bible Study this morning when I read what was so perfect for this day. Beth Moore, author of "Breaking Free", writes, "According to Jeremiah 29:11, He knows the plans He has for us. He leads those He has redeemed so they will fulfill His wonderful plan. Not only does God lead us, He leads us in His unfailing love! Oh, how my heart rejoices over the reminder. You see, I've been led a few difficult places and so have you. What a comfort to know that the places God chooses to lead us always flow out of His unfailing love. When we choose to believe God loves us, we can trust that the paths He leads us on are charted in lavish love." (copyright 1999)

I received a call this morning from our insurance company. As you might gather from the prior months of updates, this was quite a shock. I spoke to a representative that needed additional information in order to obtain an authorization number. Rhyan has been approved for the bilateral and this auth number is what will enable us to schedule surgery. When I hung up with her and quit jumping up and down like a maniac, I praised God and prepared myself to wait. I was fully expecting another two weeks for the auth to come in. A half hour later I got the call with that precious number and I felt like God was saying to my heart, "You've waited long enough, Child".

Many of you know my testimony of when Rhyan was diagnosed. Rhy was only 18 months old and had to be sedated for an ABR to test her hearing levels. The test took quite a while and when it was over she remained asleep in my arms. Our loved ones came in and sat with me, as I held Rhyan a little closer. She looked so peaceful. I remember so clearly the exact moment when my heart shattered. The audiologist said pretty simply, 'there was no response'. Nothing.

It's an amazing thing about shattered hearts. If we let Him, God can take the pieces and rebuild them to resemble His heart. All the while we were going through our fiery trial, He was burning away parts of my heart that didn't belong in a life of someone following after Christ. Unbelief, resentment, anger. They all were burned away in what was the most painful time of my life. I'm certainly not saying that I'm perfect. I fail on a daily basis. Some days it seems like I sin every minute. But there were lessons learned that sometimes only come from a season in the valley. With all that I've learned over the course of my daughter's life, the greatest thing is that God is love in every single moment. It can be much easier to feel His love when things are going well and we're surrounded with blessings. But the more and more fiery trials we come through, the easier it's becoming to see His footprints in the ashes.

Thank you, so much, for your love and support. You are all so greatly appreciated. And for those who have been praying for a little girl they will probably never meet, you have a special place in our hearts.

With much love,

Courtney & Matt

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Labels: