Monday, April 16, 2007

We were going to wait to tell Rhyan about her second "ear" because we were afraid she'd be nervous, but I just couldn't contain myself! Matt and I sat down with her this afternoon and told her that Jesus answered our prayers. She was finally going to get her other ear. She was amazingly underwhelmed. I don't know what type of reaction I was expecting from a 5 year old, but it was almost comical. I was near tears and she was like, 'Ok'.

Nighttime prayers were a little more revealing. She asked God to heal Ellie and to watch over her other ear on summer break. I guess at least that much sunk in. She also asked Jesus to calm Evynn so she didn't cry and scream so much at night. That's pretty revealing, too!

I told Rhyan that what I'm looking forward to the most is being able to tell her that I love her in both ears. I usually say it to her and then have to say it again to her right ear to make sure she's heard me. And to think that she'll never miss another "I love you". God is so good.

Labels: