Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Vacation Bible School had proven to be pretty difficult for Rhyan. Yesterday, she just couldn't handle the noise. Today she went in with Evynn and did great. There were only two other little ones in there with two teachers. She was a helper and she was able to concentrate and focus.

I've noticed since yesterday afternoon that she is responding quite a bit to things that are being said where she can't see the person's face. Whether it's Matt reading a book with her by his side, or if I'm in the kitchen answering a question to her on the couch. I've been very excited to see the strides she's made so quickly. It gives me so much hope for the coming days. We have less than two weeks before she has both ears turned on. I'm just excited for her to have her old ear back. The thought that things will not only return to her normal, but be even better, feels like a huge reward for all that we've been through the last few weeks.

Labels: