Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I asked Rhyan tonight what she would give Jesus for Christmas if she could give Him anything. She didn’t hesitate, and with a big toothless smile said, “Me.”

I smiled ‘all the way up to my eyes’ as she says, and told her that she is what He wants most of all. He wants Rhyan, He wants me, and He wants you. We are His beloved children.

Yesterday, Rhyan ran away from home. She was angry with me and I told her that I loved her and I didn’t want her to leave, but it was her decision. I underestimated my strong-willed child. The moment she got out of my sight, I went after her. The faster I went after her, the faster she ran. All I wanted to do was catch her. I think Jesus feels like that about His children when we run from Him. When we’re running away, all He wants to do is catch us.

As much as I love Jesus, as much as I love being His servant, and as much as I believe in Him, I find myself running away at times. Even very recently, I’ve found myself sprinting far from my Shelter.

So this Christmas my gift to Jesus will be me. I’ll, once again take my daughter’s lead, and stop running. And I’ll let Him catch me.