Thursday, December 27, 2007

On our way home from the gym today, Rhyan said, “Oh! I have to tell you something very important to tell you!’ Usually she’ll say something like, ‘Did you know that Adam and Eve were never born.’ Or ‘There was a boy that was nice to me at the Y today.’ I’m never sure what is 'very important' in her precious mind, so I always listen intently.

She said, “I saw Jesus by my bed last night.” I wasn’t quite prepared for that. She went on to say, “I asked Him if I could see His face, and He showed me.” I asked her what color His hair was. She said it didn’t have a color, but His eyes were brown like ours. I asked her how she felt when she saw Him and she said, “very, very, very, very excited!”

I’ll never know what she saw. I’ll never know if it was a dream or if her little heart is still innocent enough to see the Truth in its purest form. But I do know one thing for certain. She asked to see His face.

One of the greatest reasons God gives us the gift of children is not to teach them, but to learn from them. What I learned this morning from my child is, if we want to see Jesus, we simply need to ask.