Sunday, April 22, 2007

In church today we sang 'Lord Reign in Me' by Vineyard and I became so emotional. The lyrics say,

"Lord, reign in me
Reign in your power
Over all my dreams
In my darkest hour
You are the Lord of all I am
So won't you reign in me again"

It really is starting to sink in that we are about to face one of our greatest dreams in the midst of one of our darkest hours. We know that getting Rhyan's second ear is the right decision. We have been praying faithfully for nearly 2 years. But there is that part of me that is dreading my child going in for surgery again. I know the end result is worth it, but I also remember very vividly how it felt with her first ear when they wheeled her away from us to surgery and how she looked when I saw her for the first time post-op. It was not something I think I could have imagined.

And now we are going there again. I needed to be reminded this morning that He was reigning in my life when He made our dreams come true about the approval of Rhy's second ear on April 13th, but He will also be reigning in our lives on May 29th when we watch her leave us for surgery, while we're praying in the waiting room and when we see her for the first time post-op. He will never leave us.

I'm preparing Rhyan to be brave when the time comes to leave us and go into the surgical room. We talk often about her guardian angels that interlock arms around our house and stand guard around her room. After I told her about her surgery, I suggested she name at least one angel so she knows who's with her and Jesus while we're apart. I thought she would pick a name like Bart or Buster. My girl is just a little more complicated than that! Her strongest angel is a girl (shows how dated I am!) and her name is Strongest strongest angel angel in in the the world world. Strongest for short. I have the most beautiful picture in my mind of when she's wheeled away from us. Jesus will be holding one hand and Strongest will be holding the other. He'll never leave her mommy and daddy and He most certainly will never leave her.

And there's my peace.

Labels: