Tuesday, January 01, 2008

My baby turned three-years-old yesterday. I have a very difficult time with change, so the last day of the year has a certain sadness to it. We celebrated Evynn’s birthday by singing and eating cake, but since her party isn’t until Saturday, even that was subdued.

We were driving home from the park and I remained quiet, lost in my thoughts of how my life with a baby had just ended forever. Rhyan and Evynn were in the backseat having a strong discussion on the right way to do something when Rhyan said, “Do you know what three-year-olds do? They listen to their sisters!!”

Thank you, Rhyan! Matt and I busted out laughing, and I said good-bye to my two-year-old with a smile. Hello to my three-year-old.

But just to let you know - she still isn’t listening to her sister.

May your 2008 be filled with smiles.

Labels: