Monday, April 28, 2008

Hi Loved Ones!

The ABC Action News segment on Jillian aired Saturday night and has just been uploaded to the ABC website. It was so fun for me to see Jillian, Andrea, John and Izzy, but I was also able to see a super-fast shot of Jillian and Rhyan's surgeon, Dr. Orobello. And there were a few glimpses of the girl's audiologists, Shelly and Sybil, who are like family to us. Pretty neat. :)

If you've never met Rhyan, you can meet her now! She's on for a few seconds from the day we met Jillian and her family at the park. I'm a little bit sad that Rhyan's Hope wasn't mentioned, because I know that Annie and John mentioned it several times. But, when things like that happen, I feel like it's God's way of saying that He doesn't need news coverage or publicity to fulfill His plan. Jillian will get her second ear because God's God, and for no other reason. And we'll continue to trust that. That said, I thought the segment was beautifully done. And it brought back so many memories!!

Just a quick Rhyan's Hope update, I received an email this morning from the Philippines. The daddy of a two year old has asked us for help. It was the first time I felt an urgency to raise money. Once Jillian receives her implant, we have a young girl from Colorado who is deaf and going blind, and now a little girl in a different country. We need your prayers more than ever.

I hope you enjoy the news segment. After you click on the link below, it will take you to the site where you'll see a short commercial and then the segment will start right up. So, just click the link below and that should do it!!

Lots of love, Courtney
http://www.abcactionnews.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=8234@wfts.dayport.com

Labels: ,