Sunday, July 13, 2008

God is good all the time. All the time, God is good!!

Remington is laying by my feet as I type this. No small miracle since, at the very least, he was supposed to be in the vet hospital for another 8 days. Our vet said that he had a very small chance of pushing the stone in Remi’s private puppy place back into his bladder. However, if he was able to do this, Rem would have to undergo only one surgery and the recovery time would be a day as opposed to 8 to 10 days. So we prayed.

We spent Thursday and Friday waiting for the call that would tell us for sure if the all the stones were gone. We received the call Friday afternoon to come pick him up! All I could do was praise God for answering my prayer. Our $2000 bill was just cut down to $1100. We’ll take it.

I whole-heartedly believe that without prayer, our situation would have turned out very differently. And without faith, we would have probably put him down. $1100 is still a lot to think about, but what this has done is teach us to be better stewards of His money. And that’s something that we should have been doing all along.

I’ll take every lesson He has to teach me, and I will pray that I learn the lessons well. And I’ll know that whatever we have to go through to learn from the Master, will always be worth it.

Labels: