Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Just a quick update. We found out on Friday that Rhyan will have to have a CAT scan prior to surgery. We were hoping to avoid this, but while the cochlea doesn't change over time, the skull size does. The doctor needs to know exact measurements for placement.

I completely understand why this needs to be done, but it's definitely not something I'm looking forward to. The last CAT scan Rhy had, they didn't sedate her. While it was painless, she was scared and screaming for nearly 1/2 hour. And I was a sobbing disaster by the end of it all! I realize that this time will be very different if for no other reason than she's older and I can explain things to her ahead of time. I just don't like the thought of her having to go through anything more. It breaks my heart to think of her in pain or fear. However, as we know by now, that's when she'll grow in strength and faith. All for His glory.

3 weeks and counting :)