Tuesday, May 01, 2007

"May 1st! I get my new ear in May!" Those were Rhyan's first words this morning. I'm so grateful that she's so excited. We haven't spoken much about the actual implantation. We aren't planning on going into details with her about the surgery until the day before, or even the morning of the procedure. I did have to explain to her this morning that she will get her new ear at the end of the month, but she won't be able to hear until June 22nd. She received that news much better than I was expecting. I'm not sure if she fully understands the concept, but I'm praying that it won't be too difficult, especially since she'll still have her right ear to be able to hear. Instead of disapointment, I'm hoping for anticipation.

I remember with her first implant, we were so stressed about the actual surgery and the fear and irritations of everything involved. When we were leaving the hospital after the surgery, I was so elated. (Exhausted and crabby, but elated!) The hard part was over and all we had left was the good stuff. I wonder if that will happen again.

So, May 1st. What a beautiful month. I was praying about it all this morning and the difficulties that can follow the surgery and turning on the new ear. All I felt was peace. Someone once said that the 'light unto our path' doesn't shine too far ahead. We take one step at a time down the road He chooses for us. We might not know what lies ahead, but we know the path is straight.

In His love.

Labels: