Wednesday, May 23, 2007


It's been so long since I've posted. It's been a crazy, crazy time here. May 29th is approaching so quickly, I almost haven't had time to think about it. I find that to truly be a blessing.

Today we bravely took Evynn with us to St. Pete for Rhyan's CT scan. We usually try our hardest to leave her with her Nanny and Paw Paw, mainly due to her two-ness, but we actually had such a precious time. I felt God's presence with me the whole day. The peace that seems to follow me was ever present.

The last CT scan Rhyan had was immediately before her first surgery when she was 18 months. She screamed the entire time and I was a sobbing mess. This time I was able to practice with her beforehand and she was fully prepared. While her head was leaning back in the tube, I could see glimpses of fear come over her but then I'd make a silly face or dance like a loon and we'd move on. I know it had to be uncomfortable and frightening for her, but she did so amazingly well. The entire process took only 15 minutes. It was such a phenomenal blessing to us that everything went so perfectly.

We had fully intended on taking them to Disney following the trip, but our little homebody just wanted normalcy. I'm sure that was the best thing since next week will be anything but normal. All in all, what I had been dreading to be a very difficult and emotionally draining trip, God turned around and made a beautiful memory. And that's just like Him.

Labels: